What's new

April'23 competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needu

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Thank you my dear friends.. Its been beautiful to be a part of this competition, albeit, my passion is always music.. Many many thanks to everyone who took their precious time to listen to my songs🎶🎶 and liking them.. 😊🙏🙏🌹🌹🙏🙏

Meen

An Immigrant's love letter

The saddest moment in the struggle to keep your roots,
when your entire life is split between two countries across two oceans

Is when your random involuntary thoughts are not in your mother tongue anymore
Does this mean am drifting away from my people, my land, my identity?

This guilt, which I cannot wash away by watching Dhanush movies
Or by walking through 'Asian isle' to get இதயம் நல்லெண்ணெய்

Goes away instantly when I see you!
For every-time and everywhere I see you, my thoughts go
ஓடி வர..
உன்னை தேடி வர..
தாழம் பூவுல தாவுற காத்துல
தாகம் ஏறுது ஆசையில
பாக்கும் போதுல ஏக்கம் தீரல
தேகம் வாடுது பேசையில

if this doesnt prove my nativity,
I dont know what does.

And I realize no matter where I am or what I wear,
Underneath am always a தமிழச்சி

Oh that and also I am in love with you, what say?

Meen

My WFH Psychiatrist

In our country,
we don't know what is clinical depression.
Just like tuberculosis or diabetics,
We don't know that it is a real condition.

But we do have shrinks who treat this, day after day,
Caring for us, without any pay

Lifting our morales, stitching our hearts,
Feeding us for day’s all three parts

Kicking us out of bed at dawn,
Kissing us good night when we yawn

And the strangest part, she wont stop when you feel better,
She will keep doing what she does, for her only you matter.

Balan72

An Immigrant's love letter

The saddest moment in the struggle to keep your roots,
when your entire life is split between two countries across two oceans

Is when your random involuntary thoughts are not in your mother tongue anymore
Does this mean am drifting away from my people, my land, my identity?

This guilt, which I cannot wash away by watching Dhanush movies
Or by walking through 'Asian isle' to get இதயம் நல்லெண்ணெய்

Goes away instantly when I see you!
For every-time and everywhere I see you, my thoughts go
ஓடி வர..
உன்னை தேடி வர..
தாழம் பூவுல தாவுற காத்துல
தாகம் ஏறுது ஆசையில
பாக்கும் போதுல ஏக்கம் தீரல
தேகம் வாடுது பேசையில

if this doesnt prove my nativity,
I dont know what does.

And I realize no matter where I am or what I wear,
Underneath am always a தமிழச்சி

Oh that and also I am in love with you, what say?

எத்திசைக்குச் சென்றாலு மெவர்சூழ்ந் திருந்தாலும்
புத்தி நினைப்பதுவோ தாய்மொழியில் - அத்துடனோ?
நித்திரையில் வந்துசெலுங் கனவினிலு மஃதேயுன்
மத்தநிலை யிலும்ஃதே தான்

Meen

Dear Participants,

For your kind attention:

You are all allowed to post till 30th April11:59PM IST. Athukku mela vara post and likes counting il seraathu.
Oh no, timezone gavanikala, my bad. En last two posts competition ku consider pana venda, but i will just leave it here, hoping people still would read it.

Argus

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
@Hiroshi 🥰🥰 hats off to your splendid efforts for making an opportunity to joined up all the total skills sets of all our users' under one nutshell ❤😍... Really, its a great effort am heartily congratulate you and your intention to conduct such a grand contest ❤🥰

Thanks to all our friends and all our c2f users', members and all our crews for being very supportive and innovative in all their creative skills.... ❤🥰

Each one is having very very special talents.... That, clearly glitterted in this particular contest 🥰 hats off to all your hardwork and the golden time spending for creating such a nice stories, poems, drawings and songs too.... 🥰

In future also, i wish U all the participants to get into the competition ceremony and flourish all your skill set that U ppl werent exhibit still at any places in your life so far...

Thanks for all the good hearts for being very supportive and patient 🤣 too for listening my songs postings.... @Hiroshi tqsm once again da 😊😊

Love U all ever.... Happy Dreams 🥰 tc

Balan72

அப்பா

பிஞ்சு விரலின் தீண்டல்களில்
அகிலம் யாவும் என்னில் கண்டேன்!
மலர் பாதம் என் நெற்றி மோதியே
ஆண் அகங்காரம் நீங்க கண்டேன்!

வர்ண களஞ்சியம் உன்னை ஏந்தவே
விழுந்தேனோ மண்ணில் நானும்!
வயிற்றில் சுமக்காத குறை துடைக்கவே
தோள்கள் சுமக்கும் நாளும்!

தத்தி தவழும் மானுட மேகமானாய்
தாவி என் மார்பில் கடவுள் வடிவமானாய்!

இமைகள் சிமிட்டி இதழ்கள் விரித்து
'அப்பா' என்ற வேளையில்
புதிதாய் என்னை உயிர்ப்பித்த
தாயுமானாய் !!
Scores of colleagues pursue side businesses in our work place, Insurance agency in their wives names is a common modus-operandi among many trades. As soon as a new staff joins, an army of agents invade the novice to lure with their pitches under the guise of tax savings advice that usually ends with their offer traps. But with my prowess in economics and finance, i defeated every insurance agent with my articulation i made them tell that insurance is a waste of money in their very mouth. Besides, i declare them that i m a believer of fate/destiny and thus, how so ever connivingly we plan, the fate always over rule. I rule out. None of their training tools could come to rescue a strand of their argument - logically. It was victory after victory after victory and finally a veteran submitted with humility that he has not encountered such a hard stanced person in his lifetime and gave up. He also commended me that i will never insure. A moment of pride of my knowledge and articulation.

And then my little princess came to this world. So tiny that i can hold in my forearm and she looks at me, touch my finger and smile sometime while she sleep and cry most of the time, i know not for what she cried. And a month or so drifted.

I used the same wreaked knowledge to calculate my maximum insurable interest, search companies with high settlement ratio and took 3 different insurances covering all kinds of nasty things that may happen to me. After all if one company doesn't settle the claim, 2 others would and one company policy isn't covering all those nasty risks that may come to me. Also, a smaller claim is easier to settle rather than a very large claim. Wait what the hell is happening to me?!?

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Scores of colleagues pursue side businesses in our work place, Insurance agency in their wives names is a common modus-operandi among many trades. As soon as a new staff joins, an army of agents invade the novice to lure with their pitches under the guise of tax savings advice that usually ends with their offer traps. But with my prowess in economics and finance, i defeated every insurance agent with my articulation i made them tell that insurance is a waste of money in their very mouth. Besides, i declare them that i m a believer of fate/destiny and thus, how so ever connivingly we plan, the fate always over rule. I rule out. None of their training tools could come to rescue a strand of their argument - logically. It was victory after victory after victory and finally a veteran submitted with humility that he has not encountered such a hard stanced person in his lifetime and gave up. He also commended me that i will never insure. A moment of pride of my knowledge and articulation.

And then my little princess came to this world. So tiny that i can hold in my forearm and she looks at me, touch my finger and smile sometime while she sleep and cry most of the time, i know not for what she cried. And a month or so drifted.

I used the same wreaked knowledge to calculate my maximum insurable interest, search companies with high settlement ratio and took 3 different insurances covering all kinds of nasty things that may happen to me. After all if one company doesn't settle the claim, 2 others would and one company policy isn't covering all those nasty risks that may come to me. Also, a smaller claim is easier to settle rather than a very large claim. Wait what the hell is happening to me?!?
I could relate so much with this. Coz there are many resemblances. I also used to define Insurance as bogus, someone came up with a brilliant idea of making money out of nothing. People made money out of air, water but look at this one. Money out of nothing, absolutely nothing. And whenever someone approaches me for a policy, i always look down on them. There were relatives, office colleagues and after a certain point i started lying that i have already got a term policy, just to avoid. I was so adamant of not succumbing to those people.

It is amazing to realise how our thoughts drifts from an extreme to another when we feel we are responsible. This time, no one persuaded me. Something struck me that i was a fool all these days. A brilliant idea of money out of nothing suddenly changes to a brilliant model of fortunate many helping unfortunate few.

Thanks @Balan72 for touching upon a very important aspect. I hope if someone like us reading this, they search for the policy options. Term Insurance is a must for everyone.

Balan72

I could relate so much with this. Coz there are many resemblances. I also used to define Insurance as bogus, someone came up with a brilliant idea of making money out of nothing. People made money out of air, water but look at this one. Money out of nothing, absolutely nothing. And whenever someone approaches me for a policy, i always look down on them. There were relatives, office colleagues and after a certain point i started lying that i have already got a term policy, just to avoid. I was so adamant of not succumbing to those people.

It is amazing to realise how our thoughts drifts from an extreme to another when we feel we are responsible. This time, no one persuaded me. Something struck me that i was a fool all these days. A brilliant idea of money out of nothing suddenly changes to a brilliant model of fortunate many helping unfortunate few.

Thanks @Balan72 for touching upon a very important aspect. I hope if someone like us reading this, they search for the policy options. Term Insurance is a must for everyone.
Oh boy. I was aware of the business model of insurance industry. The mortality tables that are used to design, actuarial valuations that ensure sustainability of claims etc.. those are all mathematics and some dry theory. I was not passionate on living here or fear death for that matter. What i feared is the money stream that stops if i m not here.

I m writing a small book guiding gullible people as to how to protect their families and how not to fall into the agents insurance companies' traps. Its half way through. Not sure how where to release it. Lets see.

Status
Not open for further replies.