What's new

Can someone define respect?

han14

I recognise that this may seem a curious question, but let me explain my position. Growing up I led a very sheltered life with little social interaction with others may age. I had one or two friends and only ever saw them at school. I never played out or hung out with them outside of school. At home I was never allowed to watch kids tv, I'd get home from school, do homework, have dinner, watch the news and go to bed. I'd consider myself fairly intelligent in academic matters, but not so in social matters https://kodi.bio/ . When I got to university I found it very easy to make friends and now consider myself fairly social. My trouble is I don't understand the idea of 'respect'. Could someone please define it for me? little social interaction in youth, please define respect?

Last edited:

AramSei

Mutta Paiyan
Beta Squad
Nee fulla english laye pesita, naanum pesita apporam eppadi enakku respect :p

Respect na adhuku thaniya define panna mudiyadhu, adhu social things oda merge anadhu...

Status, Age, Personality, etc...

Namba yaara vena easy ah hurt pannidalam, azha vechidalam because of our Tongue.

Ore person ah namba eppadi koopidramo adhula dan avangaloda Respect irukku.

Respect namba earn pannanum indha society la ovvoruthar kittayum. Sila peruku family Background la easy ah kedachidum... Angayum ellorkittayum Respect kedaikadhu.

Oru ofc la Officer ah irukkuravangalukum HouseKeeping la irukkavangalukum equal respect tharadhu illa.
Rich person kum poor person kum equal respect tharadhu illa.

Eppo namba tharuvom na, nambala vida avanga Status, Age, Personality adhigama irukkanum or equal.

Ellorayum ore pola treat pannom na, RESPECT nu word dictionary la irundhu eduthudalam.

1687722905803.png

Goodgirl

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Top Poster Of Month
I recognise that this may seem a curious question, but let me explain my position. Growing up I led a very sheltered life with little social interaction with others may age. I had one or two friends and only ever saw them at school. I never played out or hung out with them outside of school. At home I was never allowed to watch kids tv, I'd get home from school, do homework, have dinner, watch the news and go to bed. I'd consider myself fairly intelligent in academic matters, but not so in social matters. When I got to university I found it very easy to make friends and now consider myself fairly social. My trouble is I don't understand the idea of 'respect'. Could someone please define it for me? little social interaction in youth, please define respect?
Every individual deserves to be respected and being respectful is everyone's responsibility..

U may like a few
May not like a few
But you have to respect everyone irrespective of ur views towards them..

Mutual respect is what todays generation is lacking.. we should build it up from young age..

Respect everyone irrespective of their
Race, caste, job etc.,

We respect our superior ones in the office right, in the same way should respect the ones we are superior to..

But at the same time i should agree on one thing , Respect is not only considered as giving, but it has also to be gained..

Yes it can be the reflection of our attitude..

I think,
Though u consider urself as fairly social u wanna know if u really are respectful towards others or how u can be respectful, right..

Ask yourself
Am i really being respectful to people irrespective of their age race gender financial status etc..??

If u can say yes, then u r doing great..

If u not sure, don't worry , u can still make it ( as initially u were not fairly social which i consider as an attitude of an extrovert)

Keep one thing in mind, people say we respect and in return we get respect.. but reality is that dont respect them just because u wanna be respected, respect them as they deserve it.. if u respect the deserved u ll be treated with dignity..

Key point

Behaving with dignity and respect towards individuals involves respecting their views, their choices and decisions, not making assumptions about how they want to be treated and working with care and compassion.