What's new

Font Size

Incognito

In the latest update, the option to set the font size for a maximum 32 isn't a good idea... because the bigger font size will fill the complete window and some users could misuse the options and the main window would look awkward. Maybe you can restrict the font size from 14 to 18, font size 18 looks decent size.

Hiroshi

In the latest update, the option to set the font size for a maximum 32 isn't a good idea... because the bigger font size will fill the complete window and some users could misuse the options and the main window would look awkward. Maybe you can restrict the font size from 14 to 18, font size 18 looks decent size.
Few fonts (dancing script, caveat) are not clear when the size is below 20. Based on style we can adjust the size. Its common sense to use appropriate size.

Last edited:

Prakash

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Dood - neenga ena vida advanced mode pola - Vera level ponga! I found this issue today lol.

Incognito

Few fonts (dancing script, caveat) are not clear when the size is below 20. Based on style we can adjust the size. Its common sense to use appropriate size.
It's not about common sense! On the chat site you know that anyone(including those nonsense guys) can come and with these options in place what if those nonsense guys flashes stupid messages in bigger size and create messy things on the main window? Why should we create a space for such things in the first place? Anyways, it's up to the owners to decide.

Prakash

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Thats why I declared it as "BUG" . UI should be designed in such a way that Users shouldnt misuse it at any cost and it should be very well thought about Usability and users point of view, before implementing it to the system. I received lot of lame explanations for using it and finally they came to conclusion on how to flag this issue with user and not with the system.

When you upgrade a product or its a basic thing to test it with fellow users, not with real users in the site and should not tag them as "Abuser" for using that functionality, and thats what I have been warned today, which is not ethical at all.

We are all your users, so please keep that in mind when you do such updates or warning messages and be prepared for FAQ's.

I wish the Owner of this site looks in to it.

Thanks!

Insomniac

-_-
Staff member
Administrator
We are aware of the issue and the font sizes will be removed in the next update for this chatroom. This is our test environment so sometimes we tend to test it and see how it goes and see how the users use it, even though some may willingly make a fuzz about it just because they wanted to have a say in it. As a developer, we have to consider clients who are looking for different features (ex: different font sizes is one of them) while buying our product.

We are rolling out multiple changes during each update, all the upgrades can only be tested in a big testing environment and not with just a few people.

Incognito

I personally appreciate your effort in bringing these features and like to have these options in place(don't remove just fine tune), no doubts about it but my point is that you could consider restricting the size to lesser size so that we can have a decent looking console rather giving a chance for certain users to misuse it and make the screen look clumsy.
Hope you understood me and I am not here for just always creating some noise... :)