What's new

Influenced you?

O

Ohmylove

Which book/movie has influenced you for the major change in your life?
Me influenced by one series actually Nan college padikum pothu Sindhu Bhairavi nu oru serial daily papen andha serial actress kuda nerya connect ahum connect panipen .. andha series la andha heroine ethaium thagum idhayam ah irupa romba patience jasti irkum athoda impact jasti enaku ..nerya per enkuda irukuravanga soluvanga in real life ungaluku evlo porumai nu .. but I know that andha influence enaku correct andha age la andha serial oda impact nu andha nerya connect ahum with that serial

Meen

Books:
If you fully read a book, I believe it will have some impact on you. But I think you are asking about kind of self help or motivational books. I dont read self help, but have read some non fiction that is close to that genre. And one book that comes to my mind, and I have read, re-read it so many times is
"Thinking fast and slow" - It had a big impact on me. It may not be revolutionary (atleast not at this age) but reading that is like a meditation, you discover how your mind works. I am not saying it will change your life, but you will definitely start thinking rationally and that will help you with problem solving even in simple daily tasks.

Movies:
There are so many good movies, but movies that influenced me the most are some old ones that I watched as a kid::
1. Pursuit of Happiness: Everyone are gifted in this world, some with looks, some are smart, some are good at math, etc. But we cannot be proud of it, because it is a gift, given for free. The relentless pursuit, discipline, hard work are the things you can really be proud of, and will give you true happiness.
2. Good Will Hunting: "Its not your fault"
3. Anjali: As a kid you can always choose to be an adult, just by being responsible. I badly wanted a brother after watching this movie lol
4. Anbe Sivam: No words to describe this movie, you need to experience it.

Goodie

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Me influenced by one series actually Nan college padikum pothu Sindhu Bhairavi nu oru serial daily papen andha serial actress kuda nerya connect ahum connect panipen .. andha series la andha heroine ethaium thagum idhayam ah irupa romba patience jasti irkum athoda impact jasti enaku ..nerya per enkuda irukuravanga soluvanga in real life ungaluku evlo porumai nu .. but I know that andha influence enaku correct andha age la andha serial oda impact nu andha nerya connect ahum with that serial
Niceee. But andha impact Nala neenga porumaiya irukaradhunala were you happy? Illa indha ulagam porumaiya irukavanga thalaila molaga araikira maari use pannraangala?

Goodie

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Books:
If you fully read a book, I believe it will have some impact on you. But I think you are asking about kind of self help or motivational books.

Not just self help. Be it any kind of book, we will have some impact after reading it right. Some might be temporary, some might be permanent. Sometimes people change themselves or their ideas after reading or seeing a movie.

Never read this book though " Thinking fast and slow" 👍

O

Ohmylove

Niceee. But andha impact Nala neenga porumaiya irukaradhunala were you happy? Illa indha ulagam porumaiya irukavanga thalaila molaga araikira maari use pannraangala?
Yes sure kandipa arapanga yes I m happy with that because en surrounding athunala peaceful ah irukum naum than .. oru confusion ilatha state .. athukaga Nan thagi range ku peasala ipdi nerya per irukanga enga porumaiku inoru Karanam ..lol life is short so be happy avlo tha simple

Goodie

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Yes sure kandipa arapanga yes I m happy with that because en surrounding athunala peaceful ah irukum naum than .. oru confusion ilatha state .. athukaga Nan thagi range ku peasala ipdi nerya per irukanga enga porumaiku inoru Karanam ..lol life is short so be happy avlo tha simple
I've been there. Naanum romba porumaiya irukurava than. But people start using us. Enna pannalum iva samalikiralaenu🤣🤣

Vanathi

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Non Fiction - The Secret
Fiction - The kite runner

Balan72

Which book/movie has influenced you for the major change in your life?
Many books has made an impact in my life. To pick one single book is a nightmare of task i suppose. So here are a few that caused major earthquakes in my perspectives.
1. Theory of karma by one Haribhai Thakkar. Though i was aware of the concept broadly called karma, i had some doubts in it and didn't quite bothered about that. It so happened during a long flight, this subject sparked off and i was literally interrogating one of my senior colleague with whom we were on some official trip. He patiently explained my logical queries and at the end gave me that book and asked me to read this fully and be at peace. And finally i got my peace. I become extremely aware of my actions and my thoughts after this book.
2. As a man thinketh - by James Allen. Oh Mmmyy God. How did he know our theology i wondered as i read this little package of dynamite. I heard that VO Chidambaram Pillai has translated this one book as he considered would change the reader for good. I read this and looked back what i had been doing and what i got as a result. what one should do to grow or perish. Our own thought let loose and wild as our auto mind churns and grinds itself is abuse of energy. Focus on thoughts shape our life is a lesson i learnt from this book and then i bought his entire collection.
3.Vistas of infinity by Jugren Ziewei : Its a rare account of life after death, realms visited and described by a psychic who meditate, visited and made his journal
4. Many lives many masters by Dr. Brian Wiess - the psychiatrist journal of his colleague that accidentally sliped into her past live memories and resulting in her present day ailments that got cured as the regression went by.

Besides many of our literature that carry the essence of our theology in it. One major work i am heavily influenced by is our thirukkural and not merely the original. I fell in love with the explanation by Parimelazhagar. Words of Mahakavi Bharathi had deep impact in me. Thats a love at first sight, pulling and simply irresistible. I fell for his rhyme and what he advocated too. How can a feeble soul stand the force of a learned Vedhaanthi?

2 books that shook my fundemental knowledge base and understanding were Daniel Khaneman's Thinking fast and slow and Roger Penrose Road to reality. I adore the genius economist Frederich Hayak for explaining and quashing my communist disease by his articulation and showed me the right path. Sooo much was the influence by Karl Marx and Engles that i almost fell for it, got redeemed atlast. Will add if i remember any thing else.