What's new

Forum Info Rules, panels and every other Discussion for Competition.

Chat2Friends

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We know most of you guys are putting your efforts into the competition. But as you can see none of the admins or mods are overseeing the competition for some reason. We expect fairness and honesty if you are competing for anything. So avoid any kind of negativity in these competitions as we aren't gonna judge anyone based on that. It is only going to create friction between you guys who are in the competition.

To avoid plagiarism and make sure everyone are equally accountable, please make your suggestions here and if you want a panel/people to oversee it. Remember when selecting a panel avoid favoritism and try to be more transparent as possible. Whatever suggestions you have regarding competitions can be commented below.

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
My inputs:

1. Oru competition, padaippugala mattum uruvaaka kudadhu. Padaippaligalayum serthu uruvaakanum. Adhukku andha competition romba competitive ah irukkanum. Forum la adhiga neram selavitaale competition win panniralaamnu criteria irukka kudadhu.

Example ku sollanumna, Needu and Argus romba nalla paadranga. One fine day if i decide to beat them and post 5 songs for each song they are posting, i would get more likes. Avanga 10 songs ku 50 likes (5 each) vaangina, naa 50 songs pottu 100 likes vaanga mudiyum (2 each) if i have 2 loyal friends who would support me even if i just read song lyrics, which i actually did for Amarkalam song 😂 on a lighter note

2. Averaging method or even one step ahead 'Weighted average' method would best suit. Out of 100 marks, maybe 20 marks for total likes, 20 marks for average likes, 60 marks given by Jury. It may sound more complex, but just an example. We can always figure out a criteria which is simple, transparent, unbiased and encourage competitiveness among users

3. Lastly, i do agree that these competitions are for fun and we need not take it so seriously. Even some might say that we are just participating and not looking for any rewards. But i believe that recognition is a great booster for any creator.

Thanks for starting this thread and created a platform for feedback 👍

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Forming a panel:

I strongly believe this will prove to be a right step in deciding the winner. Panelist(s) can be selected by you. They can remain anonymous if they wish as some might worry that their friends will feel bad If they don't choose them as winner.

If there is any issue on transparency, then you might choose panel members whom do you think are unbiased and can be designated

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Example ku sollanumna, Needu and Argus romba nalla paadranga. One fine day if i decide to beat them and post 5 songs for each song they are posting, i would get more likes. Avanga 10 songs ku 50 likes (5 each) vaangina, naa 50 songs pottu 100 likes vaanga mudiyum (2 each) if i have 2 loyal friends who would support me even if i just read song lyrics, which i actually did for Amarkalam song 😂 on a lighter note

2. Averaging method or even one step ahead 'Weighted average' method would best suit.
Averaging method na, 100 likes vaanganumnu yosikaama, Needu Argus madiri average ah 5 likes eppadi vaangradhunu yosippen... Avanga alavukku paada mudilanaalum, ennoda strengths vechu pudhusa edhachum try pannuven... 50 songs chumma vaasikaradhula time spend pannama, oru 5 songs sincere ah try pannuven...

In the long run, It may not make me the best singer of forum, but surely it will bring out the best version of the singer in me... And if the monthly competitions could bring out the best from all contestants, nothing like it

O

Ohmylove

It's my suggestion...

Kindly go with topic(title) .. Because topic ilama irukurathu nala lack of interest and.. Ena venum nalum podalam.. Apdi kura feel.. So topic irudha may feel fresh.. Topic oda irudha post "quantity reduce agi quality increase ahum" nu feel.. Enga brain kum vela kudutha mathri irukum😄 nalaa tough ah topic kuduannaa thts all your honor..

Last edited by a moderator:

RajNi

The One and Only
Beta Squad
* Winners based on likes can be reconsidered for coming months. Person with highest likes can be chosen as best performer or favourite contestant.
* Unlimited entries with likes as a criteria for choosing the winner would reduce the quality of the performance. Also it's overwhelming for the non participants to go through every post and vote for them.
* IMO voting can be done atlast with a Poll and the winner can be selected based on the performance. This would bring out the best in the participants.

Hiroshi

Hello All.

Thanks you so much for giving me your valuable suggestions regarding TalentShowcase.

This is the time to give my explanation.

When I am restarting this compitition past compititions go through panittu start panirke. Ithila may be few issues can come. Possibilities irku. Expected one.

Old compititions la naanga Themes set pannirnthom. 4 people were working for that. But participants intrest were little reduced. In Pongal compitition only 5 participants were Participated. Users might be busy with their personal work. So konjam gap vitu restart panna planned. But ippa antha group active ah illa. I am alone restarting this.

So when I am restarting, users ku konjam boost up irkanum nu this time alone no theme nu introduction la clearly mention panirnthe. From next month onwards theme kandippa irukum Solirnthe.

Likes accumulate pantrathukku reason to encourage the users to show their skills in many posts. Past TS la weekly 1 post paninaa pothum. Inga antha restrictions ila. In this case we can consider the posts which are all have min 3 likes as valid post.

Wherever Art and media items quality measured by only audience likes.
Based on that only now I am measuring the quality of your post.

But Few participants avanga friends ah vachu fake likes create panina again naama compitition genuine ah nadatha mudiyathu. Voting vachalum the same case is happening. If the participants need jury then it will take some time to form.

So we are all have the responsibility to choose the quality winner. Not only I.

If you guys have any possible suggestions regarding this you can share here. Will use it in our fore coming compititions.

Thanks again.

Hiroshi

Avanga 10 songs ku 50 likes (5 each) vaangina, naa 50 songs pottu 100 likes vaanga mudiyum (2 each) if i have 2 loyal friends
No need of 2 loyal friend. A bad participant
can create 100 ids and can give 100 likes. Atha restrict panna jury create panina athayum criticize pannuvanga.

'Weighted average' method would best suit
We can consider this. Good idea.

Kindly go with topic(title) .
Sis, Kindly refer NOTE in this link.
Person with highest likes can be chosen as best performer or favourite contestant.
Valid one. Good idea. Will think about voting also sis.

Vanathi

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
I too concur with agni and others.. I feel that we should concentrate more on quality than quantity.. A post with 10 likes is definitely not equal to 10 posts with one like each.. By allowing unlimited entries, we are just reducing the quality of content posted by participants..

By no means, I am saying that the submissions arent upto mark. All have done an excellent job but its natural to make compromise when we are forced to submit more entries than our competitors.. Also, its exhausting for a voter to go thru pages and pages of content to pick up their favourite..

Fake votes are totally a different ball game.. it will happen whichever mode we choose.. I am just talking about the genuine votes.. I feel if we put a limit to the number of posts, participants will also try to give their best instead of bombarding with new posts everyday..

Hiroshi

Not going to select winners based on number of likes. Definitely try to elect Real winner. Dont get confused all dear participants👍🏻

Intha suggestions konjam earlier ah month start la kudthirntheenganna 4 leader board easy ah panirpe. Ithukku tha competition announment earlier ah pannine. Anyway thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Not going to select winners based on number of likes. Definitely try to elect Real winner. Dont get confused all dear participants👍🏻
Sorry. This will really hurt the sentiments of table toppers like Needu Argus and Anija. Coz they played by the rules which you have mentioned at the start and they have spent time in the tasks and topped the leaderboard.

Last minute la avangala emaatha vendaam. Rules la enna change vandhaalum, it shld be effective from May month onwards. April month ku neenga announce pannina madiri total likes vechu trophy kodukkaradhu dhan sari.

Vennilaa

ஒரு participant ஒரு நாளைக்கு, இவ்ளோ posts போடலாம்னு limits fix செய்லாம்., for every title. வர முடியாத நாளுக்கு allowance குடுக்கலாம்.

Likes 👍 only allowed குடுக்கலாம். Lot of comments and replies ல posts miss ஆகும். I also did that mistake.

Hiroshi

Sorry. This will really hurt the sentiments of table toppers like Needu Argus and Anija. Coz they played by the rules which you have mentioned at the start and they have spent time in the tasks and topped the leaderboard.

Last minute la avangala emaatha vendaam. Rules la enna change vandhaalum, it shld be effective from May month onwards. April month ku neenga announce pannina madiri total likes vechu trophy kodukkaradhu dhan sari.
They are all well telented deserved participants. Definitely as I said Audience likes only will decide the winner. Avanga winning questionable ah aaga vida mudiyaathu. So Will go for best method.

O

Ohmylove

Sis, Kindly refer NOTE in this link.
Yes I remember dear 😃 ... Choice of yours nu vitathunala thano enavo.. Ethumay thonala enaku just my view thts all but i already know the instruction what u gave @Hiroshi

Chat2Friends

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Our initial idea was to bring something like this to the competition. But we are yet to implement it and might need some time.

Screenshot 2023-04-30 210744.jpg

Hiroshi

Hi all participants and users,

Thanks to all participants for their wonderful effort.

@Anija ,@Agnii ,@Ohmylove ,@MASK,@Amour , @agamahilan ,@Needu ,@sita ,@RajNi ,@Argus , @Balan72 ,@Vennilaa

Participants neraya hard work panirkeenga. Athiga post ku neraya effort potrukeenga. Unfortunately Tiramayaana sila post less likes mm score panirku. So yaarudaya effort mm spoil aaga koodathu. At the same time performance basis la thaa ore oru winner choose panna mudium. Here the scale for the talent is definitely users likes only. At the same time we have to consider number of talented posts too.

So I am going to measure the quality of the post in below patern. If anybody have concern or doubts please share here.

In a categorywise maximum likes count yeduthu athila 3/4 th cutoff set pannalam. Cutoff ku mela vaangina post all will be treated as same. Athila maximum number of post yaar paninaangalo avanga winner.

For example,
User 1 got 16 likes as the maximum likes in Rhymester then (3/4 of 16 ) 12 is the cutoff.
If User 1 got above cutoff 12 in only one post and user 2 got more than or equal to 12 in 3 posts then user 2 is the winner. Not user 1.

If many user's got equal number of posts more than cuttoff then will go for voting. No other option.

If this cutoff method won't work then we go with voting method.

The competition time is almost over. Kindly share your Opinion.

Thank you.

Meen

Hi all participants and users,

Thanks to all participants for their wonderful effort.

@Anija ,@Agnii ,@Ohmylove ,@MASK,@Amour , @agamahilan ,@Needu ,@sita ,@RajNi ,@Argus , @Balan72 ,@Vennilaa

Participants neraya hard work panirkeenga. Athiga post ku neraya effort potrukeenga. Unfortunately Tiramayaana sila post less likes mm score panirku. So yaarudaya effort mm spoil aaga koodathu. At the same time performance basis la thaa ore oru winner choose panna mudium. Here the scale for the talent is definitely users likes only. At the same time we have to consider number of talented posts too.

So I am going to measure the quality of the post in below patern. If anybody have concern or doubts please share here.

In a categorywise maximum likes count yeduthu athila 3/4 th cutoff set pannalam. Cutoff ku mela vaangina post all will be treated as same. Athila maximum number of post yaar paninaangalo avanga winner.

For example,
User 1 got 16 likes as the maximum likes in Rhymester then (3/4 of 16 ) 12 is the cutoff.
If User 1 got above cutoff 12 in only one post and user 2 got more than or equal to 12 in 3 posts then user 2 is the winner. Not user 1.

If many user's got equal number of posts more than cuttoff then will go for voting. No other option.

If this cutoff method won't work then we go with voting method.

The competition time is almost over. Kindly share your Opinion.

Thank you.
First Kudos for the effort you are putting to be fair in picking the winner.

Cut off method is not clear to me.
It is very hard to get 3/4 of the total likes in any category on a single post. In the above example, one must get 12 likes on a single post to be even considered to compete against winners, am I understanding this right?

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Thanks for paying heeds to our suggestions... If the decision is taken to pick only the quality posts to decide the winner, then why it has to be based on number of likes again?

It is basically asking that one should have got 3/4th of friends as that of top user or at least asked 3/4th of people to like their posts...

I maybe biased as i am one of the contestants... Let us see others view on this 👍