What's new

Summarized by (ChatGPT) - The Book" Ego is the enemy"

Insomniac

-_-
Staff member
Administrator
"Ego is the Enemy" by Ryan Holiday is a self-help book that explores the destructive nature of ego and how it can hinder personal growth and success. The book argues that ego can lead to self-sabotage, arrogance, and a lack of self-awareness and that it is important to keep our egos in check in order to achieve our goals and live fulfilling life.

The book is divided into three parts, each of which covers a different stage of life where the ego can pose a threat: aspiration, success, and failure. In the first part, Holiday discusses the dangers of ego when we are first starting out on our journey and how it can prevent us from learning and growing. He argues that we should be humble and embrace the process of learning, rather than focusing on quick success or recognition.

In the second part, Holiday explores the ways in which ego can manifest itself when we experience success. He warns that success can be dangerous if it leads us to become complacent, arrogant, or detached from reality. He encourages readers to stay grounded, continue to learn and improve, and to be mindful of the impact their actions have on others.

In the final part of the book, Holiday discusses how ego can be particularly destructive in times of failure. He emphasizes that failure is a natural and necessary part of growth and that we should use it as an opportunity to learn and improve, rather than letting it define us. He encourages readers to embrace humility, stay resilient, and use failure as a stepping stone to future success.

Throughout the book, Holiday uses a combination of historical anecdotes and personal stories to illustrate the destructive nature of ego and the importance of humility. He emphasizes that ego is a constant battle and that it is important to remain vigilant and self-aware in order to keep it in check.

"Ego is the Enemy" is a thought-provoking book that challenges readers to re-examine their beliefs about success and the role that ego plays in it. The book encourages readers to embrace humility and self-awareness, and to stay focused on the process of learning and growth, rather than seeking quick recognition or success.

Balan72

I happen to listen to a phrase told by Sadguru. I am not my body. I m not even my mind. The second part was thought provoking. I was confused then what i am? Eckhart tolle too reflect the same. Your mind takes over you and its using you. Baffled on these i remember one poetry that i read long before. The split of mind and self is clearly depicted in that through a scenario. I ll give that song, you yourself will slip into that gripping scene. Ego plays the game deceptively bringing the damage to the self.

மாயை எனும் இரவில் என் மனையகத்தே விடய
வாதனை எனுங் கள்வர் தாம்
வந்து மன அடிமையை எழுப்பி அவனைத் தமது
வசமாக உளவு கண்டு
மேயமதி எனும் ஒரு விளக்கினை அவித்து எனது
மெய்ந்நிலைச் சாளிகை எலாம்
வேறுற உடைத்து உள்ள பொருள் எலாம் கொள்ளை கொள
மிக நடுக்குற்று நினையே
நேயம் உற ஓவாது கூவுகின்றேன் சற்றும்
நின் செவிக் கேற இலையோ
நீதி இலையோ தரும நெறியும் இலையோ அருளின்
நிறைவும் இலையோ என் செய்கேன்?

மாயை எனும் இரவில் - இரவு இருளில் பொருட்கள் இருக்கும் ஆனாலும் கண்களுக்கு தெரியாது. அது போல் மாயையால் அறிவு சூழப்பட்டிருக்கும் போது உண்மை புலப்படாது.
என் மனையகத்தே - என்னுடைய வீட்டுக்கு உள்ளே. (என் உடம்பினுள்ளே)
விடய வாதனை எனுங் கள்வர் தாம் - விடயம் விஷயம், வாதனை வாசனை என்ற சம்ஸ்கிருத சொற்கள். விஷயம் என்றால் புலனின்பத்தில் அழுந்தியிருத்தல், வாசனை என்றால் அதின் பழைய நினைவு பதிவுகள். ஒரு பாத்திரத்தில் பொருள் தீர்ந்தபிறகும் அதன் வாசனை ஒட்டியிருக்குமாப்போலே.
வந்து மன அடிமையை எழுப்பி - விடயம் வாதனை என்ற கள்வர்கள் உள்ளே ஏறிக்குதித்து அங்கே தூங்கிக்கொண்டு இருக்கும் வீட்டு வேலையாள் - மனம் என்னும் அடிமையை எழுப்பி
அவனைத் தமது வசமாக உளவு கண்டு - எங்க பக்கம் சேந்துரு. கிடைக்கிறதுல உனக்கும் பங்கு தாறோம் என்று அந்த மன அடிமையிடம் டீல் பேசி அவனையும் தங்கள் பக்கமாக சேர்த்துக்கொண்டு
மேயமதி எனும் ஒரு விளக்கினை அவித்து - என் சிற்றறிவு என்கிற சின்ன விளக்கினையும் அவித்து முழு என் வீட்டை முழு இருளில் மூழ்கடித்து
எனது மெய்ந்நிலைச் சாளிகை எலாம் - அந்த கால்வருக்கு மன அடிமை காட்டிக்கொடுக்கிற படி என்னிடம் இருக்கும் விலையுயர்ந்த செல்வங்களை
வேறுற உடைத்து உள்ள பொருள் எலாம் கொள்ளை கொள - எங்கே இருக்கிறது என்று கேட்டு இடித்துகொண்டிருக்கின்றனர் களவாடிக்கொண்டு போக .
மிக நடுக்குற்று நினையே
நேயம் உற ஓவாது கூவுகின்றேன் சற்றும் நின் செவிக் கேற இலையோ.

எனக்கு என்ன செய்வதேன்றே தெரியாமல் உன்னை கத்தி கூப்பிடுகிறேன் உனக்கு கேட்கவில்லையா?
நிறைவும் இலையோ என் செய்கேன்.

Our scriptures are filled with such fables. most of it has conversation with the mind (manas) treating that as a separate entity.

Vanathi

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
I happen to listen to a phrase told by Sadguru. I am not my body. I m not even my mind. The second part was thought provoking. I was confused then what i am? Eckhart tolle too reflect the same. Your mind takes over you and its using you. Baffled on these i remember one poetry that i read long before. The split of mind and self is clearly depicted in that through a scenario. I ll give that song, you yourself will slip into that gripping scene. Ego plays the game deceptively bringing the damage to the self.

மாயை எனும் இரவில் என் மனையகத்தே விடய
வாதனை எனுங் கள்வர் தாம்
வந்து மன அடிமையை எழுப்பி அவனைத் தமது
வசமாக உளவு கண்டு
மேயமதி எனும் ஒரு விளக்கினை அவித்து எனது
மெய்ந்நிலைச் சாளிகை எலாம்
வேறுற உடைத்து உள்ள பொருள் எலாம் கொள்ளை கொள
மிக நடுக்குற்று நினையே
நேயம் உற ஓவாது கூவுகின்றேன் சற்றும்
நின் செவிக் கேற இலையோ
நிறைவும் இலையோ என் செய்கேன்?

மாயை எனும் இரவில் - இரவு இருளில் பொருட்கள் இருக்கும் ஆனாலும் கண்களுக்கு தெரியாது. அது போல் மாயையால் அறிவு சூழப்பட்டிருக்கும் போது உண்மை புலப்படாது.
என் மனையகத்தே - என்னுடைய வீட்டுக்கு உள்ளே. (என் உடம்பினுள்ளே)
விடய வாதனை எனுங் கள்வர் தாம் - விடயம் விஷயம், வாதனை வாசனை என்ற சம்ஸ்கிருத சொற்கள். விஷயம் என்றால் புலனின்பத்தில் அழுந்தியிருத்தல், வாசனை என்றால் அதின் பழைய நினைவு பதிவுகள். ஒரு பாத்திரத்தில் பொருள் தீர்ந்தபிறகும் அதன் வாசனை ஒட்டியிருக்குமாப்போலே.
வந்து மன அடிமையை எழுப்பி - விடயம் வாதனை என்ற கள்வர்கள் உள்ளே ஏறிக்குதித்து அங்கே தூங்கிக்கொண்டு இருக்கும் வீட்டு வேலையாள் - மனம் என்னும் அடிமையை எழுப்பி
அவனைத் தமது வசமாக உளவு கண்டு - எங்க பக்கம் சேந்துரு. கிடைக்கிறதுல உனக்கும் பங்கு தாறோம் என்று அந்த மன அடிமையிடம் டீல் பேசி அவனையும் தங்கள் பக்கமாக சேர்த்துக்கொண்டு
மேயமதி எனும் ஒரு விளக்கினை அவித்து - என் சிற்றறிவு என்கிற சின்ன விளக்கினையும் அவித்து முழு என் வீட்டை முழு இருளில் மூழ்கடித்து
எனது மெய்ந்நிலைச் சாளிகை எலாம் - அந்த கால்வருக்கு மன அடிமை காட்டிக்கொடுக்கிற படி என்னிடம் இருக்கும் விலையுயர்ந்த செல்வங்களை
வேறுற உடைத்து உள்ள பொருள் எலாம் கொள்ளை கொள - எங்கே இருக்கிறது என்று கேட்டு இடித்துகொண்டிருக்கின்றனர் களவாடிக்கொண்டு போக .
மிக நடுக்குற்று நினையே
நேயம் உற ஓவாது கூவுகின்றேன் சற்றும் நின் செவிக் கேற இலையோ.

எனக்கு என்ன செய்வதேன்றே தெரியாமல் உன்னை கத்தி கூப்பிடுகிறேன் உனக்கு கேட்கவில்லையா?
நிறைவும் இலையோ என் செய்கேன்.

Our scriptures are filled with such fables. most of it has conversation with the mind (manas) treating that as a separate entity.
Wow.. enga irundhu pudikkureenga idhellaam?? Impressive!! 👌👌

Balan72

படித்து புரிந்து கொள்வது ஒரு நிலைங்க. உணர்ந்து கொள்வதில் தன் இருக்கு உண்மையில் சாதனை. நான் அறிதலுக்கும் உணர்தலுக்கும் இடையில் ஊசலாடும் நோன்பு இல்லாத ஆள்.

Kerthanaa

"Ego is the Enemy" by Ryan Holiday is a self-help book that explores the destructive nature of ego and how it can hinder personal growth and success. The book argues that ego can lead to self-sabotage, arrogance, and a lack of self-awareness and that it is important to keep our egos in check in order to achieve our goals and live fulfilling life.

The book is divided into three parts, each of which covers a different stage of life where the ego can pose a threat: aspiration, success, and failure. In the first part, Holiday discusses the dangers of ego when we are first starting out on our journey and how it can prevent us from learning and growing. He argues that we should be humble and embrace the process of learning, rather than focusing on quick success or recognition.

In the second part, Holiday explores the ways in which ego can manifest itself when we experience success. He warns that success can be dangerous if it leads us to become complacent, arrogant, or detached from reality. He encourages readers to stay grounded, continue to learn and improve, and to be mindful of the impact their actions have on others.

In the final part of the book, Holiday discusses how ego can be particularly destructive in times of failure. He emphasizes that failure is a natural and necessary part of growth and that we should use it as an opportunity to learn and improve, rather than letting it define us. He encourages readers to embrace humility, stay resilient, and use failure as a stepping stone to future success.

Throughout the book, Holiday uses a combination of historical anecdotes and personal stories to illustrate the destructive nature of ego and the importance of humility. He emphasizes that ego is a constant battle and that it is important to remain vigilant and self-aware in order to keep it in check.

"Ego is the Enemy" is a thought-provoking book that challenges readers to re-examine their beliefs about success and the role that ego plays in it. The book encourages readers to embrace humility and self-awareness, and to stay focused on the process of learning and growth, rather than seeking quick recognition or success.
Wow this one is amazing!! Please keep suggesting amazing ones like this