What's new

DIWALI GALATTA CONTEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer

Dear Users,
Its Time to Unleash your multifaceted talents, Based on Diwali Function Theme ..
Here we inviting Everyone to Participate and Express Yourself ...
We Believe its going to be a fun filed and Knowledge sharing extravaganza over next 5 weeks from Today.
To avoid Boredom Of Multiple Events and to ensure continuous engagement of users, we are conducting this contest over next 5 weeks with Different Skill Exhibit Under 3 broad Category.
One Winner will be Choosen for each Category who participating continuously for 5 weeks

1665963932182.png

1665966665459.png

Nilapapaa

chutti ponnu
Beta Squad
Hi
Was eagerly looking forward to this contest.. To start with I love cooking. My mom is a wonderful cook and I got inspired by her.. I started learning to cook from a very young age. I remember those days when I would beg my mom to teach me a new recipe.. The passion grew and I started taking up cooking classes. I still am learning to cook. The learning never ends. Am so happy to be able to present to u a few of the dishes I loved cooking.

The coconut macroons...

These coconut macroons are super easy to make, calling for just three ingredients

Ingredients​

***1 1/2 cups of tightly packed Dessicated
coconuts (measures aprox 250gms )
***1tin of condensed milk (measures 200ml)
*** half a teaspoon of vanilla extract

Steps to Make It​

1.Gather the ingredients

2.Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 340c

3.Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Spray the paper or foil with nonstick cooking spray.(or you could just butter the sheets).

4.Meanwhile In a bowl, combine the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract and blend well.

5.Shape them up as u desire. (I have made small balls) Place them on the tray lined with butter sheets leaving around 2 inches space in between each of the macroons

6.Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Immediately remove the cookies to a rack to cool.

7.Drizzle some chocolate syrup and garnish with some cake toppings. This is completely optional.

Coconut macaroons can be left at room temperature stored in an airtight container for about a week. Kept in the refrigerator, they'll last two weeks, and several months when frozen..

Give this easy recipe a try and let me know if u liked it... 😍

Attachments

• 2021-10-19.jpg
    2021-10-19.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 10

Udanpirapu

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Carrot halwa:
Carrot 500g
Ghee 200ml
Sugar 500g
Elaichi powder 1tsp
Cashewnut 30g
Raisin 20g
Milk 200ml
Lemon juice 5drops
Khoya 100g
Salt 1g

Preparation:
1) Grate carrots
2) Heat kadai add 2 tbsp ghee, add cashews and raisins to roast.
3) add carrots and sauté in ghee for 3-5 mins so the ghee is absorbed
4) add milk and cook it for 7-10 minutes
5) Cook this mixture in 200ml water and the carrots would be cooked well on medium flame
6) Once the water dries and the carrot cooks well, add Elaichi powder and sugar.
7) sugar starts to melt, cook further 10 mins. This stage the halwa is almost ready, cautions overcooking sugar might turn hard.
8) add pinch of salt and khoa(sweetless ) cook on slow medium flame so it mixes well
9) Once it mixes well, add ghee and drops of lemon juice switch off and remove from flame, keep mixing for further 2-3 mins
10) garnish with chopped almonds (optional)

Attachments

• IMG_8048.jpg
    IMG_8048.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 12

Udanpirapu

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Semiya payasam:

Ingredients:
1) roasted vermicelli 100g
2) water 250ml
3) Ghee 31/2 tbsp
4) milk 500ml
5) sugar 150g
6) cardamom powder 2 pinch
7) cashew 30g
8) Raisin 15g

Instructions
1) To the boiling water add roasted vermicelli and 1/2 tsp ghee, cook for 3 mins.

2) Add 500ml of milk which is boiled and cook for 7-8 mins

3) Add sugar and cook till it is dissolved and consistency is good

4) Finish with cardamom powder

Sweet tempering:
1) another small pan add remaining ghee , add cashews and roast on slow medium flame so it is nice and golden, add raisin and switch off fire

2) raisin will get roasted , add this to the hot Kheer and serve the delicious payasam

Attachments

• F9FB60C4-BFE7-4894-8F5A-97A8CDAE852D.jpeg
    F9FB60C4-BFE7-4894-8F5A-97A8CDAE852D.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 4

Udanpirapu

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Dear Users,
Its Time to Unleash your multifaceted talents, Based on Diwali Function Theme ..
Here we inviting Everyone to Participate and Express Yourself ...
We Believe its going to be a fun filed and Knowledge sharing extravaganza over next 5 weeks from Today.
To avoid Boredom Of Multiple Events and to ensure continuous engagement of users, we are conducting this contest over next 5 weeks with Different Skill Exhibit Under 3 broad Category.
One Winner will be Choosen for each Category who participating continuously for 5 weeks

View attachment 4272

View attachment 4275
Hi wanderer,
Please clarify on dishes from week 2 to week 5 with example , that would be great thank you

Aadhini

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi wanderer,
Please clarify on dishes from week 2 to week 5 with example , that would be great thank you
Kaaram - snacks like murukku, seedai, mixture like that
Curry - gravy items like - panneer butter masala, chettinadu chicken masala..
Dry / fry - gobi 65, panneer tikka, which are deep fried or dried items.
Continental recipies - europian food is mostly called as continental foods.. like.. sausage, stew, salads, pasta... chk google for more continental dishes..

Hope this helps you @Udanpirapu

Nilapapaa

chutti ponnu
Beta Squad
Hi
Back again with one of the recipes I enjoyed cooking. I was actually hesitant while trying this recipe for the first time. I love making halwas because it's so satisfying to make and delicious too. Who would not enjoy a bowl of steaming hot halwa...Few of the very different halwas I made was vazhaiellai halwa, chow chow halwa, idly mavu halwa.The best out of these was the chow chow halwa. This surely gives a wonderful twist and nobody can guess it's made with chow chow.So here's the recipe.. Give this a try. You will love it for sure...

Chow chow halwa

Ingredients

1. Grated chow chow 2cups
  2. Boiled milk 2.5 cups
  3. Sugar 2cups
  4. Ghee 5 tbsp (u can add more if desired)
  5. A handful of nuts(cashews, almonds)
  6. 1tbsp of cornflour

Steps to make it

• Wash and peel the outer skin of the Chow Chow, remove the seed and grate well.

• Pressure cook along with the water for two whistles.

• Take the cooked chow chow in a nonstick pan and bring it to a boil and cook until the water evaporates.

• Add milk and continue cooking

• When the milk is almost reduced to half, add the sugar and continue cooking.

• Mix the cornflour with 2tbps of milk and add. (This gives a glossy texturure to the halwa).Roast the nuts. Add the roasted nuts and ghee.

• Stir well and cook for another 5 mins until you get the halwa texture.

• Serve hot or chilled as u desire

Hope this recipe was interesting. Give this a try this diwali and let me know if u liked it. I'm sure you will enjoy it.. 😍.. If u do, you can thank me with a Jikarthanda.. 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20221019_234825.jpg
    IMG_20221019_234825.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Goodgirl

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Wandy jiii
@wanderer
One task la oruththar ethana time participate panlam?? Like one post in a day antha mathiriya ??

Udanpirapu

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Mothichoor Laddu Recipe:

Besan (Gram Flour) - 1 ¼ Cup

Baking Powder - A Pinch

Salt - A Pinch

Ghee - 2 tbsp

Water (Luke-warm) - ¾ Cup

Sugar - 1 Cup

Water - ¾ Cup

Food Colour - Orange - A Pinch

Cardamom Powder - ¼ tsp

Saffron - A Few Strands

Oil - For Frying

Pistachios (chopped) - 2 tbsp

Melon Seeds - 1 tbsp

Milk - 1 tbsp

Cashew Nuts (halved) - For Garnish

Silver Leaf (varqi) - For Garnish

Cooking Instructions:

1. Combine the besan, ghee and water and make a smooth runny batter.

2. Dissolve the sugar over heat with the water, cardamom powder, saffron and food colour. Further boil to reach 1 string consistency. Cover and set aside.

3. Heat oil over a medium flame and using a slotted spoon allow the bater to drip into the oil to form boondis, fry until golden and strain out of the oil.

4. Immediately immerse in the warm sugar syrup and allow it to soak and become soft, cover and rest for 30 mins. The Boondi will absorb all the syrup.

5. To make motichoor laddoos, add half this mixture to a mixer grinder with a tbsp of warm milk and pulse blend 2-3 times until the boondis are broken down.
6. Combine with the pistachios and melon seeds and clump them together to form laddoos.

7. Garnish with silver leaf or halved cashew nuts.

Cooking Tips:
1. The consistency of the batter must be runny enough to drip through the slotted spoon.

2. To check the consistency of the syrup, the last drop falling from the ladle must form a string.

3. The boondi must be added to hot syrup and allowed to soak completely until soft and succulent.

4. If the entire quantity is to be made into motichoor laddoos, use 2 tbsp of warm milk while pulse blending in 2 batches.

5. Silver leaf is used as an optional garnish

Attachments

• 0DE4587A-EFC2-449B-92AA-E0C45B728FB8.jpeg
    0DE4587A-EFC2-449B-92AA-E0C45B728FB8.jpeg
    800.1 KB · Views: 5

Udanpirapu

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
MYSORE PAK

Ingredients:

• 1 cup Ghee
  • 1 cup Gram flour (Besan)
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • ¼ cup Water
Preparation

• Strain the gram flour 2 to 3 times, make sure there are no lumps.
  • Dry roast the gram flour on low flame until it turns aromatic by losing the raw smell, which will take 10-12 mins.
  • Cool the flour and add half a cup of ghee. Mix until the ghee is all melted and the flour is incorporated well without any lumps.
  • Keep aside, in the meantime, prepare sugar syrup by boiling sugar and water on a separate pan. Boil the sugar syrup until it reaches one strand consistency.
  • Pour in the sugar syrup to the gram flour-ghee mixture and turn on the heat. Stir continuously.
  • Add ghee in intervals, when the mixture starts to thicken. Stir continuously and make sure all the ghee is well incorporated.
  • Line a tray with parchment paper beforehand.
  • When the mixture leaves the pan and doesn't stick to the fingers when touched with wet fingers, switch off the flame and quickly transfer the mixture to the tray lined with parchment paper & gently spread.
  • Cut it into the desired shape before the mixture hardens.
  • Serve Mysore Pak once it cools down.

NOTES

1. Do not add any ghee after the mixture starts oozing out the excess ghee.
  2. Use heavy bottomed thick pan for making Mysore Pak.
  3. Parchment paper alternative – Apply ghee to the tray before pouring the mixture
  4. The mixture must be stirred continuously from start till the end

Attachments

• 7B2EE670-C899-419A-9098-584690373B50.png
    7B2EE670-C899-419A-9098-584690373B50.png
    324 KB · Views: 3

Udanpirapu

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Rabdi:

1. 1 lit milk
  2. 1/4 cup sugar
  3. 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
  4. 2tbsp saffron milk

Sugar syrup:

1. 1/2 cup sugar
  2. 1/2 cup water
  3. Few saffron strands

Put together:
  1. 6 slice bread
  2. 3tbsp ghee
  3. Few dry fruits,(cashews, almonds, pista)

Steps:

rabdi recipe:

1. firstly, in a large nonstick pan heat thick cows or buffaloes milk.
  2. stir occasionally making sure the milk doesn’t stick to bottom of vessel and get to a boil.
  3. furthermore add 1 cup of condensed milk. add more condensed milk, if you looking for too sweet rabdi.
  4. stir well and get the milk to boil.
  5. also reduce the flame to medium. and once a layer of cream is formed over the milk, stick it to sides of vessel.
  6. make sure to stir from bottom of vessel so that milk doesn’t burn.

7. also reduce the flame to medium. and once a layer of cream is formed over the milk, stick it to sides of vessel.
  8. make sure to stir from bottom of vessel so that milk doesn’t burn.
  9. further, get the milk to boil again.
  10. and repeat the gathering of cream to sides of kadai for atleast 3 -5 times or till milk reduces to one-third.
  11. add cardamom powder and saffron milk.
  12. give a good mix and get the milk again to boil.
  13. also scrape off the collected cream from sides. and give a good stir.
  14. furthermore, simmer for 2 minutes and rabdi / rabri is ready.
sugar syrup recipe:
  1. firstly, in a kadai add in ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water.
  2. also add in few saffron threads.
  3. stir and dissolve the sugar completely.
  4. further boil for 3 minutes or till sugar syrup thickens
Assembling:
  1. firstly, cut the sides of bread and cut them into triangle.
  2. fry the bread slices in hot ghee till the bread turns golden brown.
  3. fry the bread both the sides till they turn golden brown.
  4. and dip both sides of bread in prepared sugar syrup.
  5. furthermore, in a plate, pour in ½ cup of prepared rabri.
  6. and place in fried bread slices.
  7. finally, garnish with few chopped nuts and serve shahi tukda.

notes:

• firstly, to reduce the calories, toast the bread with little ghee instead of shallow frying.
  • also, add top with dry fruits of your choice to make it more tasty.
  • additionally, use full cream milk and condensed milk to prepare instant rabri.
  • finally, shahi tukda recipe taste great when roasted bread slices are dipped in sugar syrup and served with rabri.

Attachments

• FB009327-782D-49BB-AA60-027AD5BCF47C.png
    FB009327-782D-49BB-AA60-027AD5BCF47C.png
    624.5 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.