Thiraviyam

here is a question i ve asked bard and he has replied as such below
Screenshot 2023-06-05 152039.png
lol human extinction iz nearing

Chat2Friends

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
False. AI not even closer to be become sentient. It might not go that way, even if it goes it would still be be a trained Model by Humans. Even to use pre trained models these days requires huge computing powers.

Endorphin

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
False. AI not even closer to be become sentient. It might not go that way, even if it goes it would still be be a trained Model by Humans. Even to use pre trained models these days requires huge computing powers.
AGI is possible with quantum computing! When LLM s and NLP use transformers to predict and create its own content I guess AGI is not a impossible realm given the speed at which technology is growing!

Chat2Friends

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
AGI is possible with quantum computing! When LLM s and NLP use transformers to predict and create its own content I guess AGI is not a impossible realm given the speed at which technology is growing!
Its all Hypothesis for now. LLM and NLP doesnt predict its own content, they use transformer architecture and datasets are regularly trained in a way to respond to the query. Again they are Trained, they don't think on their own.

Endorphin

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Its all Hypothesis for now. LLM and NLP doesnt predict its own content, they use transformer architecture and datasets are regularly trained in a way to respond to the query. Again they are Trained, they don't think on their own.
I dunt say it will think! I'll rather say it learns and creates its own content, though the content is a human trained one! While Deepminds alphago AI can beat a world no 1 player at Go by learning its own moves I dunt think it uses any tokens and trained datasets,after certain moves 2 be precise! Alexa would ve been a sorcery item had it existed two centuries ago!

Chat2Friends

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
While Deepminds alphago AI can beat a world no 1 player at Go by learning its own moves I dunt think it uses any tokens and trained datasets,after certain moves 2 be precise!
DS.png
If you could understand the above diagram you will understand what AI like AlphaGo does. It still used Machine learning and Deep learning(neural network). Tokens aren't needed for these kind of AI since they don't do NLP, however they do get trained regularly to improve to where they are. AlphaGo also uses CNN which is primarily used most AI and especially machine learning these days.

Chat2Friends

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I dunt say it will think! I'll rather say it learns and creates its own content, though the content is a human trained one
Content might not be human trained, but the accuracy of responses i.e accuracy of content response are human trained.

Endorphin

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Content might not be human trained, but the accuracy of responses i.e accuracy of content response are human trained.
Yeah but what matters more is the accuracy keeps increasing and that's d catch!

Chat2Friends

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah but what matters more is the accuracy keeps increasing and that's d catch!
You should look at Google and Microsoft or even some other Big techs that frequently have competitions for designing AI models that can be more accurate and giving away millions of dollars as prize money. The biggest catch is most of these trained models and Frameworks are Open sourced lol.

Endorphin

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
View attachment 14228
If you could understand the above diagram you will understand what AI like AlphaGo does. It still used Machine learning and Deep learning(neural network). Tokens aren't needed for these kind of AI since they don't do NLP, however they do get trained regularly to improve to where they are. AlphaGo also uses CNN which is primarily used most AI and especially machine learning these days.
Yeah be it Alphagos CNN or Google's RNN or LSTM every Model uses Algorithm patterns and statistics and probability to get fine tuned!but my question is what will happen when all of these models gets combined! As of now we dunt ve that computation power but with the advent of quantum computing I guess we might reach that potential!

Endorphin

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
You should look at Google and Microsoft or even some other Big techs that frequently have competitions for designing AI models that can be more accurate and giving away millions of dollars as prize money. The biggest catch is most of these trained models and Frameworks are Open sourced lol.
They need datasets to get trained! I dunt guess it won't be possible unless untill it's open source! But lately OpenAi is at huge loss due to GPT I guess! Microsoft has been out of the league with Sam Altman! Bing has more access to GPT and Dall-E architecture than openAi I suppose!

Chat2Friends

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
my question is what will happen when all of these models gets combined!
If some country are willing to invest money and time into it, pretty sure other countries will find it unethical. its still an evolving field. Breaking barriers is gonna take atleast a decade.

Endorphin

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
If some country are willing to invest money and time into it, pretty sure other countries will find it unethical. its still an evolving field. Breaking barriers is gonna take atleast a decade.
Given that exponential growth John McCarthy has envisioned it will happen around 2040 sumthing!

Chat2Friends

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OpenAi is at huge loss due to GPT
OpenAI is profiting as many use their API for whatever GPT someone develops.
Microsoft has been out of the league with Sam Altman! Bing has more access to GPT and Dall-E architecture than openAi I suppose!
:unsure::unsure: Microsoft are the biggest investors for the Open AI project hence they are benefiting. And that is why they implemented GPT into Bing.

Endorphin

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
OpenAI is profiting as many use their API for whatever GPT someone develops.

:unsure::unsure: Microsoft are the biggest investors for the Open AI project hence they are benefiting. And that is why they implemented GPT into Bing.
Yeah they invested more but what I heard is chatgpt is at loss! And so does Microsoft its biggest shareholder in terms of investment!

Chat2Friends

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah they invested more but what I heard is chatgpt is at loss! And so does Microsoft its biggest shareholder in terms of investment!
They are at loss from last years revenue, pretty sure reaching a breakeven will take time. Microsoft invested close to $10billion. even for GPT the operation cost is generating loss and thinking quantum computing is pfft...