What's new

Tata Sons announces merger of Vistara with Air India

adhyan

Right Many would have read this in news !!!

My question to all you is ? even after all these mergers ..
Any Idea Who is leading with more flights?

Singapore Airlines which jointly owned Vistara will now own 25.1% in Air India

1669796312200.png
File photo used for representative purpose only. | Photo Credit: PTI

Singapore Airlines on November 29 said Vistara will be merged with Tata group-owned Air India.

As part of the transaction, SIA will also invest ₹2,058.5 crore in Air India.

“This would give SIA a 25.1% stake in an enlarged Air India group with a significant presence in all key market segments. SIA and Tata aim to complete the merger by March 2024, subject to regulatory approvals,” SIA said in a release.
Singapore Airlines (SIA) in October informed the Singapore Exchange that it was holding discussions with Tata Sons for the merger of Vistara and Air India.

Vistara is a joint venture between Singapore Airlines and Tata Sons in which the former owns 49% stake and the latter 51%.
Since the government’s sale of Air India and its low-cost international arm Air India Express in January this year, Tata Sons has been working to consolidate all their airline businesses into one group, including its joint venture with AirAsia Berhad in AirAsia India.
Air India chief Campbell Wilson said that Vistara’s success will strengthen Air India’s transformation programme and also help in quickly attaining the size befitting a global carrier.
Subject to regulatory approvals, the merger is expected to be completed by March 2024.

In a statement, Mr. Campbell said Vistara has achieved much over the last eight years.
“The skills, people, systems and processes that have driven Vistara’s success will complement, strengthen and accelerate Air India’s Vihaan.AI transformation programme,” the CEO and MD of Air India said.

Further, he said the merger will enable the new Air India to more quickly attain the size, reach and quality befitting of a world class airline proudly representing India around the globe.

Earlier this year, the Competition Commission of India approved the proposed acquisition of AirAsia India by Air India. Tata Sons own 83.67% in AirAsia India, and is expected to acquire the remaining stake from AirAsia Berhad.

adhyan

@Vanathi
News share pandrathu en intention ella ...
even after these mergers .. Someone else Leading this sector with more flights ...
Any Guesses whose that?

Vanathi

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
More flightsna indigo nu ninaikkiren. jet oda niraya flights avanga kitta pochu. during covid they topped the list. ippavum appadi thaan i think

Insomniac

-_-
Staff member
Administrator
No matter what. Indian Airlines is still only preferred for its cheapest ticket prices. and for comfort, it's a no-go. Vistara might not be a budget friendly airliner for many Indians. Indigo is still cheaper.

Vanathi

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
No matter what. Indian Airlines is still only preferred for its cheapest ticket prices. and for comfort, it's a no-go. Vistara might not be a budget friendly airliner for many Indians. Indigo is still cheaper.
Pizzaoda varra oregano packetaiyum burgeroda varra ketchup sachetaiyum fridgela serthu vaikkura varai idhellaam maaraadhu 😂

1k discount koduthaanganna naanlaam tharailaye ukkaandhuttu varuven 🤣🤣

Vanathi

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Indigo has 500 + Flights compared to Tata group 300+
Whopping Difference and market Leader/Share now
Yes as expected. Endha route eduthaalum avanga flights will be more and timings ellam sema convenienta irukkum. Also on time edupaanga unlike spicejet, akasa etc.jetoda fall ah perfecta utilise pannikittaanga.

Vistara and air india konjam costly but free seats and foodla compensate aagidum. Also they have loyalty points system wherein we can redeem points for free flights. Also credit card points can be converted to airmiles for these airlines. Idhai ellam consider panni thaan naan book pannuven.

Insomniac

-_-
Staff member
Administrator
Indigo has 500 + Flights compared to Tata group 300+
Whopping Difference and market Leader/Share now
Indigo has more domestic flights that's their big market. If tata improves Air India it can become bigger. Still, people prefer Air India only for its cheap costs. For long-distance Air India sucks

Insomniac

-_-
Staff member
Administrator
Pizzaoda varra oregano packetaiyum burgeroda varra ketchup sachetaiyum fridgela serthu vaikkura varai idhellaam maaraadhu 😂

1k discount koduthaanganna naanlaam tharailaye ukkaandhuttu varuven 🤣🤣
Budget-friendly for a short distance is fine. Long distance ku tharai la ukanthu vantha thinnathu ellam tharai la than irukkum.

adhyan

Indigo has more domestic flights that's their big market. If tata improves Air India it can become bigger. Still, people prefer Air India only for its cheap costs. For long-distance Air India sucks
Dont you get feel ? Like automobile sectors ? They getting into Big mergers?

Insomniac

-_-
Staff member
Administrator
Dont you get feel ? Like automobile sectors ? They getting into Big mergers?
You mean Tata?. Tata has the capability to do it. Most of their businesses are mergers. If Tata can make Air India better it's a big win for them. Vistara is still not sure how that merger is going to work because people prefer Indigo. If luxury is the choice for someone who flies, then it may be there for a while.

For automobile most merger happens to share technology. Can't say the same for Airliners. Very few Aircraft manufacturers it's all about maintaining numbers maybe?

Vanathi

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Budget-friendly for a short distance is fine. Long distance ku tharai la ukanthu vantha thinnathu ellam tharai la than irukkum.
Avanga staff behaviour thavira i feel their flights are ok for long distance flights too (when compared to other low cost airlines). Of late, they have improved i guess. Leg room is also good and comfortable seats. Or it might be just me and i was lucky during my trips.

Also, long tripsla gulab jamun kodukkura orre airlines avanga thaan. So en vote avargalukke 😍😍😂

adhyan

Avanga staff behaviour thavira i feel their flights are ok for long distance flights too (when compared to other low cost airlines). Of late, they have improved i guess. Leg room is also good and comfortable seats. Or it might be just me and i was lucky during my trips.

Also, long tripsla gulab jamun kodukkura orre airlines avanga thaan. So en vote avargalukke 😍😍😂
Ada its something to do aircraft ... Let me take report of
How many Boeing and How many Airbus they have ...
Recent Aircrafts vanghana madhiri therla .. they running with their old inventories ...
Seating arrangement choice is something to do with our guys ...

adhyan

You mean Tata?. Tata has the capability to do it. Most of their businesses are mergers. If Tata can make Air India better it's a big win for them. Vistara is still not sure how that merger is going to work because people prefer Indigo. If luxury is the choice for someone who flies, then it may be there for a while.

For automobile most merger happens to share technology. Can't say the same for Airliners. Very few Aircraft manufacturers it's all about maintaining numbers maybe?
In similar Lines of Jaguar and LandRover In automobiles - we may be calling for technology but Brand Presence they looking for
Singapore airlines and vistara now

Vanathi

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Recent Aircrafts vanghana madhiri therla .. they running with their old inventories ...
Namma ippo fare and convenience pathi thaane pesittu irukkom 🤔
Edhula pona enna, destination onnu thaane 😂

Insomniac

-_-
Staff member
Administrator
True lol. Most of the Aircraft are old and should not be used as per aviation standards. If food is my preference during a long flight I would rather prefer a light meal. And before the flight, I would eat in a good restaurant.

Vanathi

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
In similar Lines of Jaguar and LandRover In automobiles - we may be calling for technology but Brand Presence they looking for
Mappilai avar thaan. Aana avar potrukka sattai ennodadhu moment 🤣🤣

Insomniac

-_-
Staff member
Administrator
Jaguar and Landrover after Tata acquired them kept most of their engineers and they manufactured better. If Tata is looking for a domestic presence not sure why they went with the merger with Singapore for Vistara. But still, Landrover and jaguar are not budget cars either. So maybe that is their market.

Vanathi

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Rumour has it that Tata was not interested in buying Air India before, as it was literally snatched from them by the govt. Also Tata wanted a merger with a foreign airlines in the 90s but govt guidelines didnt allow. After relaxation thaan, singapore airlines kooda merger happened.

Air India was bought after almost everyone denied the proposal. Namma airlinesla nammale kaapaathalanna eppadinnu vaangunaangannu kelvi 😌