What's new

Reflections on Human Nature and Self-Interest

Goodie

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Top Poster Of Month
From the moment we're born until now, we encounter a diverse range of individuals. Some share similarities with us, while others are completely different. There are those who stand by us through thick and thin, and others who only engage with us for their own purposes, leaving once they've achieved their goals. It becomes challenging to discern people's true nature and maintain long-term closeness with anyone.

There are those who captivate us with their intriguing personalities, and then there are those who mirror our own characteristics. Trying to adapt to everyone can be a daunting task. We often seek out individuals who share our interests. When we find ourselves avoiding certain people for various reasons, it eventually leads to an inner emptiness, leaving us wondering why.

I've heard people mention that after a certain age, relationships become transactional. Many seek friendship with the expectation of receiving something in return, be it time, financial support, or other forms of assistance, depending on the person. I struggled to come to terms with this notion. Yet, upon careful observation of those around me, I must confess that we are indeed encircled by self-interested individuals. Is this a universal experience?

MASK

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
From the moment we're born until now, we encounter a diverse range of individuals. Some share similarities with us, while others are completely different. There are those who stand by us through thick and thin, and others who only engage with us for their own purposes, leaving once they've achieved their goals. It becomes challenging to discern people's true nature and maintain long-term closeness with anyone.

There are those who captivate us with their intriguing personalities, and then there are those who mirror our own characteristics. Trying to adapt to everyone can be a daunting task. We often seek out individuals who share our interests. When we find ourselves avoiding certain people for various reasons, it eventually leads to an inner emptiness, leaving us wondering why.

I've heard people mention that after a certain age, relationships become transactional. Many seek friendship with the expectation of receiving something in return, be it time, financial support, or other forms of assistance, depending on the person. I struggled to come to terms with this notion. Yet, upon careful observation of those around me, I must confess that we are indeed encircled by self-interested individuals. Is this a universal experience?
Ofcourse, no doubt on that…..

Prakash

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Evanga endha ulagathuku..edho sola varanga!