What's new

Tales Untold

Meen

Tales Untold: Embark on your writing adventure.

What is this game about?
This is going to be a game to test your creative writing skills and game itself is going to be creative. You can write in any of these four languages: Tamil, English, Tanglish, Engmil.

Game format:
The Game will run for the whole of April month. For every question I will set a theme or a prompt, and rules for it. You can submit whenever you can. The only real deadline is the end of the month. We can have more than one question for a week, so sooner we complete, we can move on to new question. The question could be anything under the sun, it is not limited to stories, pros, or poems but much more.
The game is neither easy or hard, it will be just interesting.

Number of participants:
Minimum 2 (of which am one :ROFLMAO:)
Max unlimited.

Who can participate?
Anyone who has interest in writing and want to challenge themselves. The prompts will test your creative process and is a creative exercise for your mind. If you like to write, this will be definitely fun. The game will run throughout the month of April, you can join or drop as and when you wish.
Those who wish to participate, you can like this post and jump right into writing for the first question.

How is the winner chosen?
This is not a competition and there will be no forum badges. There may be a poll at the end of the month depending on how many participate, but otherwise this is just a game to have fun.

Who is going to host the game?
Me, I will also be a participant.

When does the game start?
Today

What is the first question?
scroll down.

Last edited:

Meen

Question 1: Micro Fiction

You have to write 3 stories:
1 a sad story
2 a love story
3 a horror story

Rules (mandatory):
- Each of the stories should be made of only 2-4 sentences and less than 600 characters
- The story should have no names of the characters.
- You have three days, after which we will move to second question. You can still submit this before end of month, but we will keep moving on.
- The title of the story doesnt count towards the character limit.
- You should not label your stories as sad, love, horror.. the readers should be able to find it out themselves.
- You could use image or a youtube video along with your story but it is optional.

Recommended (optional):
- write with a twist element
- story should make sense and not be abstract like a poem.
- use the story title wisely as it doesnt count towards character limit, but also dont reveal too much in title

Last edited:

Nilaa

Vennilaa🌙 🍀 🪔 🪄
Beta Squad
Question 1: Micro Fiction

You have to write 3 stories:
1 a sad story
2 a love story
3 a horror story

Rules (mandatory):
- Each of the stories should be made of only 2-4 sentences and less than 600 characters
- The story should have no names of the characters.
- You have three days, after which we will move to second question. You can still submit this before end of month, but we will keep moving on.
- The title of the story doesnt count towards the character limit.
- You should not label your stories as sad, love, horror.. the readers should be able to find it out themselves.
- You could use image or a youtube video along with your story but it is optional.

Recommended (optional):
- write with a twist element
- story should make sense and not be abstract like a poem.
- use the story title wisely as it doesnt count towards character limit, but also dont reveal too much in title

🙋🏻‍♀️ 🌙 ✍️

Wow !!!! But I have a doubt.... how host can read if the story is in tamil😝😜

Last edited:

Nilaa

Vennilaa🌙 🍀 🪔 🪄
Beta Squad
@Agnii 600 words 4 sentences ah limit... can you clarify this... konjam puria ila

Nilaa

Vennilaa🌙 🍀 🪔 🪄
Beta Squad
மனிதர்கள்...

அங்கே இருந்த இருக்கைகளில் ஒன்றில் அமர்ந்தவாறு வேடிக்கை பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருந்தான் அவன். இரவு 11 மணி. பெரியவர் ஒருவர் ஒரு இளைஞனை வசைபாடிக் கொண்டிருந்த சத்தத்தில் சுவாரஸ்யம் வரவும் அவர் புறம் திரும்பினான். பார்ப்பதற்க்கு அப்புச்சி போல இருந்தார். வேட்டி சட்டை அணிந்த கிராமத்து தோரணை.

"பாருங்க தம்பி... நமக்கு ஒரு அவசர உதவிக்கு தான இந்த பையன கூட்டிட்டு வரோம். எந்நேரமும் அந்த அலை பேசி (mobile phone) வச்சிட்டு அதிலயே இருக்கறது" - பெரியவர்

"இப்ப அப்டிதாங்க... எல்லாரும் எல்லா இடத்திலும் இடம் பொருள் பாக்கறதில்ல, உள்ளூருங்களா நீங்க? - அவன்

"இல்ல தம்பி. தூரத் தொலைவு கிராமம். இங்க நல்லா இருக்கும்னு சொன்னாங்க வந்தோம்.

"நல்லதுங்க. எங்கே தங்கியிருக்கீங்க?"

"அறை எடுத்து தங்குனா கட்டுபடி ஆகாது தம்பி.. இங்க காத்திருப்போர் கூடத்தில் (waiting hall) ராத்திரிக்கு தங்கிப்போம். எவ்ளோ நாள் இருக்கனும் தெரியலை".

அங்கிருந்த நடுத்தர வயதான காவலாளி பெண்மணி பெரியவரிடம் பேசினார்.

"இன்னைக்கு ஒரு நாள் 4 பேர் இருங்க... நாளைக்கு 2 பேர் மட்டும் தான் அனுமதிப்பாங்க" தன்மையாக பேசினார்.

உயர் ரக தனி அறைக்கு சென்று ஓய்வெடுக்க மனமின்றி அவர்களுடன் பேசிக் கொண்டிருந்தான் அவன். மருத்துவமனை அவசர சிகிச்சை பிரிவின் முன். உள் இருக்கும் தந்தையை எண்ணியபடியே.

ps : 600 characters 4 sentences really tough... adjust pl... will follow this rule in the next story

Last edited:

Goodie

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Story 1:

The Haunting of Hollow Grave: Discovering the Dark Secret

In my youthful ignorance, I ventured with a friend to the graveyard, seeking thrills before my wedding, unaware of the consequences. Little did I realize, it was a gift for my curiosity. On the first day of marriage, as I walked to meet my bridegroom, the shadows of the graveyard followed, whispering secrets of the undead awaiting.

betrayal.png

Story 2:

Footprints in the Sand: Walking Towards Love, Marrying the Sea

As we walked hand in hand along the shore, his eyes promised a future of eternal bliss, but when it came time to tie the knots, it was another's gaze I met. The vows exchanged belonged to a stranger, and the love I longed for remained forever out of reach. With each step down the aisle, the realization washed over me. I had married the sea, and my heart belonged to the waves.

girl-sunset-silhouette-profile.jpg

Story 3:

Whispering Echoes of Everlasting Affection: Our Journey towards finding love

In the cozy embrace of our modest home, every corner holds a memory, every item a story shared between us. It may not be grand or extravagant, but it's ours, where love blooms in simplicity. The place we built with each memory, alone; it's just us, cocooned in each other's arms. With no outside pressures or demands, just the gentle rhythm of our hearts, our home becomes a sanctuary of love, where our souls intertwined in perfect harmony.

couple-cuddling-by-a-cozy-fireplace-free-photo.jpg

Assistantdon

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
முத்துக்கு முத்தாக

"ஐயா அப்பாவுக்கு வயசாயிடுச்சு, இங்கே எல்லா Facilitiesம் இருக்குல, வீட்டில் இவர கவனிச்சுக எங்களுக்கு நேரமில்லை, மாசம் மாசம் எவ்வளவு வேண அனுப்புறேன், நல்லா படியா பார்த்துங்கோ என்றான் மகன்.

" அதெல்லாம் கவலை படாதீங்க தம்பி, நல்லா படியா பார்த்துப்போம்" என்றார் முதியவர்..

" ஆசிரமம் துறந்து எவ்வளவு வருஷம் ஆச்சு"

" 40 வருஷம் இருக்கும் தம்பி"

" அட என் வயசும் 40 தான் அய்யா"

" உனக்கும் 40 வயசு ஆயிடுச்சாப்பா, " என்றார் முதியவர்..

" ஆமாய்யா "

" காலம் போறதே தெரியமாட்டேன்கிகுது, உன்னை இங்கே உன் அப்பன் தத்தெடுத்து போறப்போ குழந்தையா பார்த்தது. இப்படி வளர்ந்துட்ட" என்றார்..

ஒரு நிமிடத்தில் அவன் அதிர்ந்தான்

oa.jpg

Assistantdon

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
எந்த பக்கம்

ஆந்தை அலறும் அந்த நேரத்தில் பணி முடிந்த அவள் வீட்டிற்கு பயத்துடன் திரும்பி கொண்டிருந்த வேளையில் தெற்கு பகுதியில் இருந்து ஒரு வெளிச்சம் அவள் முகத்தில் பட்டது.

" ஏம்மா இவ்வளவு late ? எவ்வளவு நேரம் phone அடிக்கிறது.. நாங்க என்னாச்சோனு பயந்துட்டு இருக்கோம்,வண்டியில் ஏறு,"
என்றார் அப்பா..

"அப்பா சுடுகாடு பக்கமா போகதீங்கப்பா, பயமா இருக்கு. வேற வழியா போங்கப்பா" என்ற மகள்.

" இதுதாம்மா வீட்டுக்கு போக சுலபமான வழி" பயமா இருந்தா நம்ம குல சாமி வேண்டிக்கிட்டு கண்ண மூடிக்கோமா?" என்றார் அப்பா

வீடு அடைந்ததும்
வாசலில் கால் கழுவி கதவை திறந்ததும்

" ஏம்மா இவ்வளவு late " என்றார் அப்பா

mtb-night-ride-silhouette-1030x579.jpg

Last edited:

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Save the best

"unmela uyira irukken"
"Ethana ponnunga kitta ipdi sollirka?"
"Yaarum illa"
"..."
"Unakku aprama"

for the last

Goodie

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Save the best

"unmela uyira irukken"
"Ethana ponnunga kitta ipdi sollirka?"
"Yaarum illa"
"..."
"Unakku aprama"

for the last
Unaku aparam yaarum illai. Aana unaku munnadi nooru Peru irundhaalum paravaillaiya? 🤔

Meen

The Haunting of Hollow Grave: Discovering the Dark Secret

In my youthful ignorance, I ventured with a friend to the graveyard, seeking thrills before my wedding, unaware of the consequences. Little did I realize, it was a gift for my curiosity. On the first day of marriage, as I walked to meet my bridegroom, the shadows of the graveyard followed, whispering secrets of the undead awaiting.
unga intha story oru eerie, mysterious ah iruku, aana i couldnt understand.. explain panreengala?

Nilaa

Vennilaa🌙 🍀 🪔 🪄
Beta Squad
Kadal

Nal iravu 12 mani irukum. kaalgalai manalil puthaithu kondu kadal karayil silar nadanthu kondiruntharkal. Nilavin velichathil kadal alaikalin osai visithiramai ketathu. Mellisai ondrum thuramai ketathu. Sorvu adayavum nadapathai niruthi vitu thirumpinarkal.

Kuralgal munumunupai ketana.
"Nama inum Konja thuram nadaklama" ....
"aana elarum thirumbitankley !!! sari polam"

4 Kaalgal matum ankey nadanthu kondirunthana.

Ipothu athil 2 kaalgal tharayil ilai. 2 matumey nindru kondu irunthana. aanal konjam thadumaariyapadi. 2 kalgal konjam uyarathil antharathil kaatril irunthana. Avan avalai thuki anaithu irunthan 😉

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Kadal

Nal iravu 12 mani irukum. kaalgalai manalil puthaithu kondu kadal karayil silar nadanthu kondiruntharkal. Nilavin velichathil kadal alaikalin osai visithiramai ketathu. Mellisai ondrum thuramai ketathu. Sorvu adayavum nadapathai niruthi vitu thirumpinarkal.

Kuralgal munumunupai ketana.
"Nama inum Konja thuram nadaklama" ....
"aana elarum thirumbitankley !!! sari polam"

4 Kaalgal matum ankey nadanthu kondirunthana.

Ipothu athil 2 kaalgal tharayil ilai. 2 matumey nindru kondu irunthana. aanal konjam thadumaariyapadi. 2 kalgal konjam uyarathil antharathil kaatril irunthana. Avan avalai thuki anaithu irunthan 😉

This video is so beautiful. Wish I could watch the full video without fast forward. Adhukkunu oru naal varamaiyaa poidum 😍

And rendu kaal dhan tharaiyila irukunu padichappo, pei kuda nadakaraan horror story nu nenachen🤣🤣🤣

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Unaku aparam yaarum illai. Aana unaku munnadi nooru Peru irundhaalum paravaillaiya? 🤔
100 Peru irundha ava innum special ah dhane feel pannuva

But i was expecting a diff question from you, adhu ennanu sollamaten

Meen

மனிதர்கள்...

அங்கே இருந்த இருக்கைகளில் ஒன்றில் அமர்ந்தவாறு வேடிக்கை பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருந்தான் அவன். இரவு 11 மணி. பெரியவர் ஒருவர் ஒரு இளைஞனை வசைபாடிக் கொண்டிருந்த சத்தத்தில் சுவாரஸ்யம் வரவும் அவர் புறம் திரும்பினான். பார்ப்பதற்க்கு அப்புச்சி போல இருந்தார். வேட்டி சட்டை அணிந்த கிராமத்து தோரணை.

"பாருங்க தம்பி... நமக்கு ஒரு அவசர உதவிக்கு தான இந்த பையன கூட்டிட்டு வரோம். எந்நேரமும் அந்த அலை பேசி (mobile phone) வச்சிட்டு அதிலயே இருக்கறது" - பெரியவர்

"இப்ப அப்டிதாங்க... எல்லாரும் எல்லா இடத்திலும் இடம் பொருள் பாக்கறதில்ல, உள்ளூருங்களா நீங்க? - அவன்

"இல்ல தம்பி. தூரத் தொலைவு கிராமம். இங்க நல்லா இருக்கும்னு சொன்னாங்க வந்தோம்.

"நல்லதுங்க. எங்கே தங்கியிருக்கீங்க?"

"அறை எடுத்து தங்குனா கட்டுபடி ஆகாது தம்பி.. இங்க காத்திருப்போர் கூடத்தில் (waiting hall) ராத்திரிக்கு தங்கிப்போம். எவ்ளோ நாள் இருக்கனும் தெரியலை".

அங்கிருந்த நடுத்தர வயதான காவலாளி பெண்மணி பெரியவரிடம் பேசினார்.

"இன்னைக்கு ஒரு நாள் 4 பேர் இருங்க... நாளைக்கு 2 பேர் மட்டும் தான் அனுமதிப்பாங்க" தன்மையாக பேசினார்.

உயர் ரக தனி அறைக்கு சென்று ஓய்வெடுக்க மனமின்றி அவர்களுடன் பேசிக் கொண்டிருந்தான் அவன். மருத்துவமனை அவசர சிகிச்சை பிரிவின் முன். உள் இருக்கும் தந்தையை எண்ணியபடியே.

ps : 600 characters 4 sentences really tough... adjust pl... will follow this rule in the next story
intha song super ah iruku :love:

Story tamil puriyuthu aana meaning puriaatha palaya tamil maari iruku, konjam konjama padikren