What's new

Tales Untold

Balan72

@Balan72 ji come here... suggestions kudunka. Enaku elutharaku.. but enoda funeral ku yaru apdi eluthuvanka eulogy 😅
Imagining what others think of us will be assumptions. All of a sudden i read this article request. I think i should go through the whole thread to comprehend the requirement. To script our own eulogy is the height of ones egoistic arrogance. I mean the other soul has not even the freedom to an independent opinion about us. We deprive that opportunity too from him. Ill go through the whole thread and come back.

Nilaa

Vennilaa🌙 🍀 🪔 🪄
Beta Squad
Imagining what others think of us will be assumptions. All of a sudden i read this article request. I think i should go through the whole thread to comprehend the requirement. To script our own eulogy is the height of ones egoistic arrogance. I mean the other soul has not even the freedom to an independent opinion about us. We deprive that opportunity too from him. Ill go through the whole thread and come back.
Okie okie ji.... yes other soul ku freedom irukathey ithula self commendation varum konjam thar perumai madhri 😝

But sema topic ithu

Nilaa

Vennilaa🌙 🍀 🪔 🪄
Beta Squad
Intha round question la focus on how you want to be remembered. Ithu rombo interesting aana question, and will help us make our life more meaningful. Naa 3 days kalichu itha pathi more solren, so that elaarum avangaloda point of view la write panunga.
Really this is interesting.. but tough one... we do 😊

Last edited:

Meen

More powerful

In the half sleep, she found herself entangled in the nightmare, the one that haunt her since childhood. This time more intense, a feel of unseen fingers brushing her skin, icy and insistent. She awoke, startled by fear, ran to her father, only to get the familiar reassurance he offered countless times
"You are more powerful than them"

He hugged her while his gaze fell on the grid of picture frames on the wall
Nice! Antha grid of picture frames on wall enathu? Are they related to her?

Meen

One last time

As the ambulance carried away the bodies of her husband and daughter, victims of the tragic road accident, she stood there motionless, filled with emptiness, her each breath was a struggle. She longed to hold her daughter in her arms for one last time, but she failed as she found herself unable to.
Wow nice! "but she failed as she found herself unable to." is she dead too?

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Nice! Antha grid of picture frames on wall enathu? Are they related to her?
The daughter running towards her father. Maybe to the living room or the other bedroom. So, andha room/hall la irukka pictures ennava irukkum?

Agnii

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Wow nice! "but she failed as she found herself unable to." is she dead too?
Haha, naa first time padicha udane puriyumnu nenachen. Ok, she wasn't dead. Andha situation la she couldn't... Maybe coz of the unbearable pain or maybe she did not have the courage to hold her baby lifeless. She was less powerful

Meen

To script our own eulogy is the height of ones egoistic arrogance. I mean the other soul has not even the freedom to an independent opinion about us. We deprive that opportunity too from him. Ill go through the whole thread and come back.
haha no, the point of this exercise to think of how we want ourselves to be remembered or what kind of a mark you want to leave behind. The reason I didnt ask this directly and framed it as an eulogy from someone else is for two reasons:
1. If we think of how we "want" ourselves to be remembered it may not be real enough and could be far from truth. No one would want to be forgotten. But may be we really haven't done anything worthwhile, to impact others enough.. Considering a third perspective will help us answer these questions.
2. Many of us don't really understand the concept of time and how fast we are running out of it. Rather than asking what do you plan to do in your life, I think this question would force you to think hard about what have you done so far that actually counts or makes you worthy enough to be remembered.

P.S. I believe we have no control over our own minds, let alone someone else's, especially after death.

Meen

Eulogy

First I thank everyone who came here today, for I know Meen is not an easy person to go along with, quite selfish, sometimes toxic and even if she did have a shred of love for someone, she may simply not express it. So inspite of all this if you have still showed up here, it only shows your unconditional love for this girl.
I believe I know Meen more than anyone here, infact more than she ever knew herself. Her life was quite a story..full of hopes, ambitions, inspirations, love and loss. As a young woman, when she excelled in every step, from straight A's in school to exceeding expectations at work, she dreamt of all the things she could ever be. Everyone saw it too, her brilliance was capable of achieving great heights and making a lasting impact on the world around. But it stopped there, all that remained hopes and dreams.
This is a sad story of failure for a single reason. She didnt try. She could have tried harder to pursue her dreams, been kinder to the people around her, could have made better choices that would have benefited others. Some people inspire us by doing the right things and some show us paths not to take. Education, talent or even being a genius can never replace persistence and determination in your path to your goals.
On her request, I would like to have "A life wasted" printed on her tombstone.

Last edited:

Meen

Round 3:

World is ending. Don't just imagine this, live it. You wake up on April 15 2024 at 8 am and everyone at home (or where ever you are staying) are very serious. Along with everyone you are watching the news. Our satellites have picked up an incoming asteroid that is 2024 G01 that is the size of our moon and will make an impact on earth in exactly 24 hours. This will wipe-out the entire species on the planet at 8 am April 16 2024.
Write with excruciating detail on the next 24 hours in your life. No word limits for this one.

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 6.57.12 PM.png

Goodie

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Round 3:

World is ending. Don't just imagine this, live it. You wake up on April 15 2024 at 8 am and everyone at home (or where ever you are staying) are very serious. Along with everyone you are watching the news. Our satellites have picked up an incoming asteroid that is 2024 G01 that is the size of our moon and will make an impact on earth in exactly 24 hours. This will wipe-out the entire species on the planet at 8 am April 16 2024.
Write with excruciating detail on the next 24 hours in your life. No word limits for this one.

View attachment 18459
Interesting

Goodie

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Round 2:

Imagine it is your funeral! Write an eulogy for yourself. It can be a from a perspective of a closed one who understands you the most or any random person who knows you. Word limit 500 words, 10-15 sentences max. Try to stick to word limit.
From a friend perspective

As we gather here today to remember Goodie, it's important to acknowledge the complexity of her character. From our school days, I've known her as someone who marched to the beat of her own drum, a person with her own set of rules and a determination that set her apart. She possessed a sharp intellect that promised a future filled with greatness. However, along the way, she encountered obstacles and lost some of the boldness that defined her youth. It's a path that perhaps didn't align with the potential we all saw in her. Nevertheless, her journey was her own, and we must honor that.

From a relative perspective,

Goodie was regarded as the epitome of goodness and selflessness. She dedicated her life to serving others, earning praise and admiration from all who knew her. Yet, there existed a silent struggle. She wasn't happy inside. She sacrificed her own dreams and desires for the sake of others, leaving behind a sense of unfulfilled potential.

In reflecting on Goodie's life, let us acknowledge her strengths and her struggles, her triumphs and her setbacks. May her journey serve as a reminder that life is not always straightforward, but it is in the midst of our challenges that we find our truest selves.

Though she may no longer be with us, Goodie leaves behind a legacy of individuality, resilience, and compassion. Let us carry her memory in our hearts.

Meen

From a friend perspective

As we gather here today to remember Goodie, it's important to acknowledge the complexity of her character. From our school days, I've known her as someone who marched to the beat of her own drum, a person with her own set of rules and a determination that set her apart. She possessed a sharp intellect that promised a future filled with greatness. However, along the way, she encountered obstacles and lost some of the boldness that defined her youth. It's a path that perhaps didn't align with the potential we all saw in her. Nevertheless, her journey was her own, and we must honor that.

From a relative perspective,

Goodie was regarded as the epitome of goodness and selflessness. She dedicated her life to serving others, earning praise and admiration from all who knew her. Yet, there existed a silent struggle. She wasn't happy inside. She sacrificed her own dreams and desires for the sake of others, leaving behind a sense of unfulfilled potential.

In reflecting on Goodie's life, let us acknowledge her strengths and her struggles, her triumphs and her setbacks. May her journey serve as a reminder that life is not always straightforward, but it is in the midst of our challenges that we find our truest selves.

Though she may no longer be with us, Goodie leaves behind a legacy of individuality, resilience, and compassion. Let us carry her memory in our hearts.
Nice! Nejamaave ipidi oru fruend irukaangla?

Goodie

Beta squad member
Beta Squad
Round 3:

View attachment 18459
As the news of the impending asteroid impact sinks in, a heavy silence fills the room. A strange sense of peace washes over me. The weight of the world's end seems to lift from my shoulders, replaced by a profound tranquility. With no more worries, no more routines, and no more rushing against the relentless tick-tock of time, I find peace in the simplicity of existence.

As the hours slip by, I embrace the silence, every precious moment of this final countdown. There is a strange beauty in the stillness, a calm acceptance of the inevitable.

With a wistful smile, I decide to stay awake until the final hour, determined to meet my fate head-on with eyes wide open. At 7 am, I will allow sleep to claim me, sparing myself from the pain of witnessing the end.

There are no frantic phone calls, no tearful goodbyes. Instead, I choose to immerse myself in the present, relishing the simple joys of life that remain.

The streets are deserted. Yet, amidst the chaos, I find a strange sense of clarity.

I make my way to the market, the familiar sights and sounds offering a bittersweet reminder of the life I am about to leave behind. With a heavy heart, I gather ingredients for one final meal, in the comforts of home one last time.

As the biryani simmers on the stove, I take a moment to reflect on the life I have lived, the memories that have shaped me, and the dreams left unfulfilled. In this final hour, I find a strange sense of peace, a quiet acceptance of the inevitable.

With a sigh, I sit down to eat, savoring each mouthful as if it were my last. There is a certain irony in this final feast, a celebration of life.

And as the final moments slip away, I find myself filled with a strange sense of gratitude. Gratitude for the beauty of the world, for the love of those who have touched my life, and for the simple pleasure of a good meal shared with loved ones.

In the end, there is only peace. As the world fades into darkness, I close my eyes and embrace the silence, knowing that in this final moment, I am truly alive.

Meen

As the news of the impending asteroid impact sinks in, a heavy silence fills the room. A strange sense of peace washes over me. The weight of the world's end seems to lift from my shoulders, replaced by a profound tranquility. With no more worries, no more routines, and no more rushing against the relentless tick-tock of time, I find peace in the simplicity of existence.

As the hours slip by, I embrace the silence, every precious moment of this final countdown. There is a strange beauty in the stillness, a calm acceptance of the inevitable.

With a wistful smile, I decide to stay awake until the final hour, determined to meet my fate head-on with eyes wide open. At 7 am, I will allow sleep to claim me, sparing myself from the pain of witnessing the end.

There are no frantic phone calls, no tearful goodbyes. Instead, I choose to immerse myself in the present, relishing the simple joys of life that remain.

The streets are deserted. Yet, amidst the chaos, I find a strange sense of clarity.

I make my way to the market, the familiar sights and sounds offering a bittersweet reminder of the life I am about to leave behind. With a heavy heart, I gather ingredients for one final meal, in the comforts of home one last time.

As the biryani simmers on the stove, I take a moment to reflect on the life I have lived, the memories that have shaped me, and the dreams left unfulfilled. In this final hour, I find a strange sense of peace, a quiet acceptance of the inevitable.

With a sigh, I sit down to eat, savoring each mouthful as if it were my last. There is a certain irony in this final feast, a celebration of life.

And as the final moments slip away, I find myself filled with a strange sense of gratitude. Gratitude for the beauty of the world, for the love of those who have touched my life, and for the simple pleasure of a good meal shared with loved ones.

In the end, there is only peace. As the world fades into darkness, I close my eyes and embrace the silence, knowing that in this final moment, I am truly alive.
Amazing. I could see it visually.